If your pet has a problem during surgery hours, please telephone the practice immediately and we will ensure that you are offered an appointment on a priority basis. Please make it clear that the matter is not routine and we will do our utmost to attend to you at the earliest opportunity.
If you have an emergency outside of our opening hours, please phone 045 480 478. Please note that there is an extra charge for out of hours visits.
In the event of an emergency, please do the following:
1) Don't panic and phone the vet
2) Ensure that the animal is warm and kept quiet
3) If there are any wounds, put a dressing on the to help to control bleeding and to prevent contamination of the wound
4) Observe the respiratory rate and the colour of the gums and tongue
4) DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FEED YOUR PET OR OFFER WATER, until advised by the veterinary surgeon.