In An Emergency
If your pet has a problem during surgery hours, please telephone the practice immediately and we will ensure that you are offered an appointment on a priority basis. Please make it clear that the matter is not routine and we will do our utmost to attend to you at the earliest opportunity.
If you have an emergency outside of our opening hours, our emergency service will now be covered by MiNightVet emergency care clinic.
MiNightVet is a dedicated emergency clinic located in Kildare town. We feel this offers a significant advantage over our previous arrangement. They provide a continuous on site staff presence, which ensures a rapid response to emergencies and continuous monitoring of admitted patients until they can be safely discharged or returned to the care of their primary vet. We are confident the level of care and expertise offered is on par with what you have come to expect from us here in Moss veterinary.
Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions about this service or visit their website for more information.
In the event that you do have a pet emergency, you can still contact us on our usual number (045480478) and you will be given instructions on how to contact MiNightVet or you can contact them directly on 045530556.
In the event of an emergency, please do the following:
1) Don't panic and phone the vet
2) Ensure that the animal is warm and kept quiet
3) If there are any wounds, put a dressing on the to help to control bleeding and to prevent contamination of the wound
4) Observe the respiratory rate and the colour of the gums and tongue
4) DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FEED YOUR PET OR OFFER WATER, until advised by the veterinary surgeon.